Pets may not always respect your privacy, but we will.
Effective Date: February 15, 2020
Thank you for your interest in joining , a knowledge sharing platform for pet owners.
The Site and the App are intended for use in the United States. If you use the Site or the App outside of the United States, you must comply with all local laws, rules and regulations.
- What information does collect from you?
- How is your information collected?
- How is your information used?
- With whom may your information be shared?
- What security procedures are taken to protect your information?
- What choices are available to you regarding your information?
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information?
- Types of Information. The types of information collected by fall into three categories: User Profile Information, User Posts, and Private Information.
- “User Profile Information” means all personal information and content submitted by you in connection with registering for and maintaining an account for you and your pet/s including, without limitation, your name and email address, and your pet’s name, species, breed, sex, birthday, pet traits and favorite brands. “User Profile Information” specifically excludes User Posts.
- “User Posts” means all comments, opinions, images, videos, inquiries, suggestions, reviews, ratings, experiences, stories, or other information you submit to the Public Spaces on behalf of your pet/s. This includes all information other than User Profile Information.
- You understand and acknowledge that your User Profile Information and User Posts are both public and non-confidential, with the following exceptions:
- your password; and
- your last name
- User Profile Registration. When you set up your account, you will be required to provide certain User Profile Information, including your name, email address and password.
- User Posts. With the exception of the Private Information, all User Posts and User Profile Information are visible to other Users of the App. Unless a User has blocked you or you have hidden a User post, you will be able to comment on existing posts. You have the option to block any User. Blocking occurs at the pet profile level between two pets, and is a mutual block. If you or the User have more than one pet and you wish to block the User entirely, you will need to create mutual blocks between each of your and the User’s pets. When you create a mutual block, neither of you can: (i) see any content anywhere on the App created by the other User; or (ii) see or comment on each other’s posts. You may unblock a User you have blocked by returning to your pet/s’ profile page, clicking “view blocked profiles” and selecting “unblock”.
- User Posts Containing Product, Place or Service Information. If you create a User Post that contains any reference to a pet product, place, or service (whether or not you have tagged that product, service or vendor), reserves the right to share that content throughout the App and with commercial third parties as it deems appropriate in its sole discretion. Such User Posts may appear in both the location you submit it and the profile page for that particular product, service or place, if such page exists.
- Location. In the future, we may offer Users the ability to enhance your experience by making use of your location. When the GPS tracking feature is enabled on your account, we will collect your location in the form of GPS signals (combined with a time-stamp) and other information sent by your mobile device on which the App are installed and activated. Depending on your selected device settings and/or your account settings we may collect information about your location also while you are not using the App.
Security. We work hard to protect your information. We use both technical and procedural methods to maintain the integrity and security of the Site and the App. uses industry-standard technological means to protect your information while in transit through the Internet. However, cannot guarantee that ’s safeguards will always work.
Comments. We have taken great measures to ensure that your use of our Site or the App is a satisfying one and that your privacy is consistently respected. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected].
- Legally Required Disclosure. We may disclose any of your information we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- Third Parties. We may retain other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include data analysis firms and web hosting companies. Such third parties may be provided with Private Information.
- Change of Ownership. If ownership of changes as a result of a merger, acquisition, or transfer to another company, all of your information may be transferred to the successor entity, including Private Information.